Oct 10th is World Mental Health Day – Why not cycle?
October 10, 2018
October the 10th is World Mental Health Day, so why not get on your bike. Whether you want to raise money/awareness for the cause by cycling or if you are currently experiencing mental health issues, a bicycle ride can be a great way to get a spot of fresh air and clear your head.
Here’s how cycling can help with depression, stress, anxiety and other health issues
- A bike ride allows you to clear your head and get some fresh air.
- You can take a bad day out on a bicycle, pedal fast, push hard and you may find your stress reduces.
- Getting involved in the cycling community can help build new friendships. It’s always good to talk.
- Cycling improves fitness and health, you may find yourself feeling more positive about yourself due to your changing physique.
- Regular riding is a great way to exercise and that burnt energy is more likely to help you relax and get a good night’s sleep.
We’re not saying cycling is the cure to mental health issues, but it can help. Remember it’s always good to talk, whatever you are going through, The Samaritans are available round the clock, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year – https://www.samaritans.org